National Newscast Director
Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are seeking a Floor Director to support our Washington, DC-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
We are seeking qualified candidates who can handle direction, but can also supervise a floor crew during a national evening newscast.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, supervising floor crew, operating studio cameras, relaying cues to on-air talent, and setting up and tearing down for morning show segments. The floor director must have good communications skills, serving as a bridge between the studio and control room.
This is a highly collaborative environment. Teamwork is a must.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Assist in studio preparation prior to newscast for morning weekday & weekend newscasts
• Floor Direct during newscasts/production
• Run Audio during newscasts/production
• Maintain mics, IFBs, studio, printers, and other equipment as needed
• Must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and be a team player
• Have flexible schedule that can be changed on short notice to cover for sick calls and vacations
• Must have reliable attendance and show up on time when scheduled
• Physical requirements
• Standing for long intervals, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
• Using cameras inside and outside the studio
• Other duties as assigned
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!