National Digital Executive Producer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a dynamic Director of Content for our Washington, DC-based national news operation, the National Desk. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to lead our newscasts, develop our digital strategy, and oversee the team. Essential skills include the ability to build a team, share a vision, and execute a strategy. We want a hands-on leader who can recruit, coach, and develop great talent. A passion for creating great unique content is mandatory! Our candidate will be someone who embraces all platforms and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role. If you are ready to sail away from the ''Sea of Sameness'', we want you to apply!
• Managing The National Desk news operations, setting budgets, establishing goals and directing staff
• Initiating, managing and growing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Working closely with corporate management to establish news content, philosophy and direction
• Reviewing daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, subsequently providing feedback to news staff
• Recruit, hire and negotiate contracts for The National Desk personnel
• Collaborate with corporate team to develop marketing plans, establish and achieve ratings goals
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts and a proven track record of success building winning news organizations
• At least ten years professional journalism experience and deep knowledge of the ethics and practices of journalism, including libel and privacy laws
• At least seven years of editorial experience, with at least five years in news management or applicable expertise
• Experience editing enterprise, in-depth, long-form journalism on television and digital platforms
• Understanding of digital platforms as crucial and coequal with broadcast platforms
• Familiarity with trends in emerging media and community engagement as they relate to journalism
• Experience working across department lines in an organization
• Strong fiscal experience for both operational and capital expenditures
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz55zn-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.