Senior Editor, NBA
Los Angeles, CA
Digital Sports News Senior Editor (Remote)
Sinclair Sports Group is looking for a Senior Editor to lead our growing roster of national-caliber insiders, reporters and commentators whose work appears on our new Bally Sports national website, social media channels, and syndication partners including more than 20 sports networks across the U.S.
This Senior Editor will understand Bally Sports' online voice, audience, and objectives, and will be trusted to make editorial decisions with little oversight. They will support our writers with ideas, feedback, and improvements to their copy. They will be capable writers themselves for filling gaps. They will also be able to serve as a coverage editor for our National Sports News desk.
The job is remote (work from home) with evening and weekend work as dictated by events, breaking news and reporter cycles.
• Assign, nurture, edit, and publish written content from Bally Sports' national-caliber reporters and commentators, RSNs, and network partners.
• Identify, train and develop new contributors
• Write and report, for filling gaps. React to breaking news with a commitment to speed balanced with accuracy, and help others do the same.
• Collaborate with digital content managers at Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks to create content that benefits their audiences and platforms
• Publish content using Bally Sports' content management system
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, or a related field
• 5+ years demonstrable experience editing, prepping and publishing digital content on behalf of established media brands
• Skilled in web content writing, editing and copy editing, content strategy, and social media
• Demonstrable experience and aptitude for web publishing tools including photo editing and content management systems
• Thorough knowledge of digital media best practices, including SEO and content sharing
• Strong editorial news judgment
• Must be a good communicator and able to work cross-functionally
• Organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask under pressure
• Portfolio submission required
• The right person for this role will be:
• Deeply knowledgeable about the NBA, MLB, NHL, sports and teams. Gaming expertise a plus.
• Perfectionist's eye for clean copy and engaging visual presentation that draws in the reader
• A self-starter requiring little oversight while maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Willing to work hours as dictated by the digital news cycle and sports, including evening and weekends
• Collaborative and passionate with a team-first attitude toward building a next-generation sports digital media business
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!