We are seeking a Digital Content Producer to be a part of our amazing team and support a Washington, D.C.-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our website and social media platforms. You will work with our team to determine the content of our website and social media platforms. You will also collaborate with other team members to generate digital content for all platforms.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Possess solid news judgment
• Must be a compelling and accurate writer
• Must be able to multitask and manage time effectively
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong ability to teach and coach
• Ability to lead planning efforts for digital platforms
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals daily
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Understanding of publishing tools for multiple platforms
• Ability to use video and graphics to produce content
• Other duties may be assigned
• Must have at least two (2) years of previous content producing experience at a commercial TV station or digital news platform
• A journalism degree is preferred
When applying online, please include a recent web link of your work
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!