Opportunity to join the market's #1 team on-air, online, and on social media. WSBT has an immediate opening for a Digital Content Manager to oversee news content for overall fairness, balance, and accuracy on our digital and social media platforms. The ideal candidate will produce daily digital and social content, oversee other digital producers, and implement our strategy to grow our audience on these platforms. You will work closely with producers and reporters on daily selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that the Digital Content Manager will lead by example.
Some additional responsibilities of our Digital Content Manager will include:
• Oversee digital and social platforms to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect, and empower our audiences
• Supervise digital producers, as well as, review stories and posts and provide feedback to encourage powerful storytelling
• Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special content
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
• Ability to preform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news, and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1bkke-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.