Be a part of the Emmy Award winning creative team at the #1 television station in the market! WKRC, Local 12 is looking for a Topical Writer Producer to join their Promotion Department.
Not every day will look the same yet here is a rundown of the primary day-to-day responsibilities for this position:
• Will work closely with the Creative Services Director (CSD) on concepts as well as the execution of branding objectives.
• Day-to-day responsibilities include discussions/prep with the CSD and time in the newsroom working with producers, reporters, and anchors to produce daily promotional content.
• Writing, producing and editing are the core focus of this position which requires the individual to have the ability to take a topical or promotional spot through concept to final production.
• Competent with contemporary non-linear editing software. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Avid Media Composer is a plus.
• Capable of shooting video using a standard ENG camera for the purposes of PSAs, topicals, and other similar needs is suggested.
• Produce digital promos/videos when applicable.
• Fill traffic logs with promotion inventory when applicable.
• Expected to handle multiple projects from concept to completion on a daily and long-term basis.
• Assist with station sponsored events where applicable.
• This position requires a highly-organized, detail-oriented individual who feels comfortable working in a team environment.
• Ability to routinely lift, carry and move equipment in excess of 40 lbs.
• A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in broadcast production (on-air promotion preferred).
• Adhere to the standards of the Local 12 News brand.
• A four year college degree is preferred.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke90k-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.