Digital Content Producer
Ohio 24/7 Now in Columbus, OH, is looking for a skilled journalist who wants to be a pioneer in the broadcast and digital space. We are looking for a skilled content producer/editor to be part of a groundbreaking new team. The ideal candidate will have strong video editing and strong writing skills along with excellent news judgement and a GREAT digital presence!
Other production duties/responsibilities as assigned. This is a full-time position for Ohio 24/7 Now and the opportunity to work for the nation's largest news organization.
Candidates must have ability to work in fast paced news environment. You must be able to select station stories to plug into our 24-hour news wheels, while working closely with news managers and content coordinators to determine what live coverage will be required for assigned markets. This is an opportunity to be involved in a groundbreaking initiative for on-demand local news catered to today's digital users.
• Strong news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Strong copy editing skills along with video editing skills
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• A degree in journalism degree is preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!