Associate Producer - Part Time
The part-time Associate Producer gathers and disseminates information used in newscasts, web and social media news stories. This position will be the primary producer for morning traffic segments. The ideal candidate must have strong writing and news judgment skills and have experience editing compelling video and sound. Working well in a fast-paced environment is essential.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Produce traffic reports throughout the morning utilizing the station's traffic graphics system.
• Writing news stories, contacting news sources to set up interviews and gathering and checking story facts.
• Assist newscast producers in gathering information for stories, taking and making phone calls, listening to police and fire scanners for breaking news, etc.
• Monitoring social media for breaking news.
• Writing and posting web stories and video as well as social media posts.
• One-year professional experience and/or internship in a television news department preferred.
• College degree in Journalism or Mass Communications is preferred.
• Knowledge of broadcast journalism.
• Knowledge of newsroom computer systems and use of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience with Avid editing software a plus
• Ability to work with others. Creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are necessary.
• Valid driver license.
• Must be able to lift 5-10 lbs.
• Hours: Must be available to work all shifts as needed including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0wq2e-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.