WHP-TV Harrisburg, PA is seeking an Associate Producer who will fill in for both the News Producer and the Assignment Desk Editor as needed. The candidate must have strong writing and news judgment skills and have experience editing compelling video and sound. Working well in a fast-paced environment is essential. This position requires education in journalism or mass communications with previous television experience. Non-linear video editing is a plus, as is control room experience.
• Writing copy for newscasts
• Editing video for newscasts
• Posting stories online and to social media
• Operating teleprompter during newscasts
• Assisting Producers with finding stories
• Assisting with other editorial duties as assigned
• May be trained to shoot video in the field and/or fly our drone
Required Skills and Experience:
• The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to write quality broadcast news copy under tight deadlines
• You must have strong writing and news judgment skills
• Experience with Avid editing software a plus
• A 4-year degree in Journalism or Mass Communications
• Available to work all shifts including weekdays, evenings, overnight, weekends, and some holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kk75-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.