Weekend Assignment Editor (PT)
The Weekend Assignment Editor gathers and disseminates information used in newscasts. This position also writes news stories for the station's website as well as for social media.
• Dispatching news crews to story locations
• Contacting news sources to set up interviews and gathering and checking story facts
• Assisting newscast producers in gathering information for stories, taking and making phone calls, listening to police and fire scanners for breaking news
• Writing and posting web stories and video
• Updating the station's social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Entering upcoming events into the daily news planner
• Fill in for weekday assignment editors as needed
• Produce newscasts and serve as an Associate Producer as needed
• Must have flexibility to work other shifts as needed
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• One year television news experience and a related college degree preferred
• Knowledge of Broadcast Journalism
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem-solving abilities are a must
• Knowledge of newsroom computers and use of social media
• Knowledge of ENG, SNG, electronic graphics a plus – will receive training
• Ability to work with others; creativity, people skills, and a positive, can-do attitude are necessary.
• Valid driver license
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including evenings, early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
• Specific weekend hours required: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!