KVAl in Eugene, OR has an immediate opening for an Assignment Desk Manager. The ideal candidate will guide daily news content and coverage for our on-air and digital platforms. This includes dispatching News Reporters and Photographers and reviewing news scripts for fairness, balance and accuracy. You will work closely with producers, reporters and videographers on daily news story selection and coverage. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is that you will lead by example with a positive, team-oriented approach. Additional responsibilities include writing news stories for broadcast, digital and social media platforms, coordinating breaking news coverage, and producing newscasts, as needed. Previous assignment editor and supervisory experience preferred.
Some additional responsibilities of our Assignment Desk Manager will include:
• Oversee daily newscasts to ensure we are serving our local communities by sharing relevant information to alert, protect and empower our audiences
• Help manage newsroom and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
• Collaborate with News Directors and other station managers to create special projects and content
• Developing sources and contacts in the community to assist with news story development
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to perform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identify problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong organizational and logistical skills
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88ex6-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.