We are seeking an Assignment Desk Booker for a Washington DC-based national newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership, and creativity. The candidate will assist the day-to-day production of morning newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, producers, digital team, reporters, and anchors on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have good news judgment. You must be able to multitask and manage time in order to help put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition, you must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to take direction and work efficiently during breaking news events
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be a self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas daily
• Responsible for conceptualizing and assembling production elements (video, sound, graphics, content, etc.) for existing and future show segments
• Responsible for booking of guests, including car and studio bookings and all matters related to the scheduling
• Ability to write and post stories on digital platforms
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Help build and maintain database of news sources and contacts
• Other duties may be assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience working in a commercial news operation
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Journalism degree preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm9xx6-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.