Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Simon & Schuster is seeking a Warehouse Recruiter for its large distribution facility located in South Jersey (Riverside NJ).
This position is NOT remote, and will be working in the office daily. This is a great opportunity to join an established company where you can take your recruiting career to the next level. This is a full time, permanent position with outstanding benefits!
In this fast-paced role, you will be reporting to the Director of Human Resources and work on a variety of warehousing related positions. Order pickers, shipping/receiving, warehouse drivers, packers, and similar types of positions.
Will interview, screen, and refer candidates for job openings by performing the following duties.
• Owns the warehouse recruiting function from beginning to end, with strong skillsets to attract and retain talent.
• Develops and maintains network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates.
• Initiates contact with potentially qualified candidates for specific job openings.
• Reviews applications and interviews applicants to obtain work history, education, training, job skills, and salary requirements, and to provide information about the organization and position.
• Screens and refers candidates for additional interviews with hiring managers.
• Manages the applicant tracking system as it relates to full, lifecycle recruiting.
• Proactively recruits candidates through resources outside of resume responses.
• Actively partners with the business; working closely with operations management and warehouse leads with a proactive mindset.
• Recruits candidates via ''headhunting'', LinkedIn, and other proactive methods.
• Writes and places job advertising to attract talent.
• Coordinates participation in, sets up display, and works at job fairs – as needed.
• Develops and maintains contacts with schools, alumni groups, and other public organizations to find and attract applicants.
• Works with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates.
• Utilizes Internet online recruiting sources to identify and recruit candidates.
• Provides information on company facilities and job opportunities to potential applicants.
• Coordinates background checks, reference checks, and pre-employment drug screening requirements.
• Assists with the warehouse employee orientations and required trainings as needed.
• Files and maintains employment records for future reference.
• Performs other duties as assigned, and in support of onsite HR department and operational needs.
• 2+years' experience in sourcing, recruiting, and interviewing in an Operations and/or Warehouse Setting.
• High School Diploma/GED / Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Prior recruiting experience in warehouse, logistics, shipping, or distribution required.
• Must have knowledge of applicant tracking systems
• Must possess excellent and proactive communication skills
• Proficient Word and Excel skills
• Strong experience with online recruiting resources including searching
• Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus but not required
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
Paramount believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, Paramount requires COVID-19 vaccines for current US employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to the agreement reached between the Company and the applicable Union.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmzjbx-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.