Editorial Assistant, Books
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY
Gallery Books is looking to hire a Publishing Assistant who will..
• Schedule, solicit, and prepare materials for seasonal, monthly and weekly meetings on behalf of our imprints which include: Gallery, Scout Press, Saga Press, Pocket Books and Threshold Editions
• Work with Editorial, Marketing, Publicity, and Art to gather materials and adhere to seasonal deadlines
• Create, maintain, and distribute key reports and meeting agendas for the Publisher's office
• Maintain and distribute Pocket Mass Market scheduling grids and track associated deadlines and communications
• Assist in preparing Publisher's letters for select mass market titles
• Research and prepare materials for cover concept meeting including comp titles, synopsis, etc.
• Serve as back-up support to the assistant of the SVP/Publisher
• Perform routine clerical responsibilities for the Publisher's Office such as answering phones, taking messages, processing expense reports, etc.
Previous experience in book publishing highly preferred
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.