Simon & Schuster has been named to Forbes magazine list of ''America's Best Mid-Size Employers 2022.''
Simon & Schuster is a global leader in general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, and in all printed, digital and audio formats. Its distinguished roster of authors includes many of the world's most popular and widely recognized writers, and winners of the most prestigious literary honors and awards. It is home to numerous well-known imprints and divisions such as Simon & Schuster, Scribner, Atria Books, Gallery Books, Pocket Books, Adams Media, Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing and Simon & Schuster Audio and international companies in Australia, Canada, India and the United Kingdom, and proudly brings the works of its authors to readers in more than 200 countries and territories.
For more information visit our website at www.simonandschuster.com.
Avid Reader Press seeks a Marketing Assistant for our dynamic, energetic, collaborative imprint. Avid Reader Press, a division of Simon & Schuster, is built on the idea that the most rewarding publishing has three common denominators: great books, published with intense focus, in true partnership with our authors. The staff at Avid Reader Press, a small band of cheerful literary warriors, strives to publish every book with avidity. The right candidate will have the ability to work on a wide range of fiction and nonfiction projects while closely collaborating on others with multiple stakeholders; initiate and execute multi-touch marketing campaigns; and be comfortable presenting to internal and external stakeholders. The Marketing Assistant will work directly with the Associate Publisher and Marketing Manager on creative marketing campaigns , social media, and general administrative support.
Preferred candidates will be creative, organized, and cooperative, and have a basic understanding of the traditional and social media landscape. This is an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in book marketing and to learn about the publishing industry as a whole, all while working for a growing imprint !
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing general administrative support, including warehouse orders, database and records management, uploading digital galley files to Edelweiss and NetGalley, executing marketing mailings, maintaining imprint Goodreads account, and more
• Preparing materials for marketing and sales meetings and taking all departmental notes
• Liaising between the Marketing team and the Ad/Promo department to keep track of department projects and design requests, writing copy for digital ads and promotions
• Assisting Associate Publisher and Marketing Manager with title campaigns, with opportunities for increased responsibility and ownership of 1-2 campaigns per season
• Researching influencer and brand partnerships for title and social media campaigns; assisting Associate Publisher and Marketing Manager in building out an influencer program
• Collaborating with the marketing team to create content for social media across Tiktok, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter; opportunity to own management of social media platform(s)
• Strong understanding of social media platforms, particularly TikTok and Instagram; active on social media and familiar with book influencers and communities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, necessary for emailing with authors, creating marketing materials and developing digital copy and social media messaging
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail, with demonstrated ability to meet and manage deadlines
• Self-motivated with the ability to think critically and to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrates the ability to work independently and as part of a team; comfort with Zoom and remote work; comfort with speaking in meetings and learning hands on
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & Google Applications
• Knowledge of Airtable, Photoshop, and Canva a plus
• Genuine interest in book marketing and publishing
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq9421-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.