Full Time Job
Houdini Licensing Specialist
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionPosition Overview
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our talented Sales Team in this new role, reporting to the Senior Sales Director.
As a Licensing Specialist you will support our Account Executives, Senior Sales Director, and other members of the Sales Team. You will be involved in the management of customer information within the CRM system. You will also generate quotations and assist with licensing proposals based on project requirements and customer specific opportunities, both with existing and new customers. You are a team player with a solid track record of creating long-term value and partnerships. You have strong critical thinking skills and the ability to adapt to your audience and environment.
What you will be working on
• Ensure quotes, licensing contracts, and orders are completed accurately, on time, and in line with established Software Licensing Agreements and customer expectations.
• Provide proactive communication to stakeholders on the status of contracts, quotes, and orders.
• Ensure customer usage logs are implemented and submitted on time.
• Timely and accurate completion of handoff packages for Clients, Accounting and Legal.
• Facilitate contract and EULA amendments between the customer and SideFX. Liaise between SideFX legal, VP Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and VP Technical Operations.
• Understand the business needs and unique requirements of the customer segments that SideFX services.
• Work with Accounting, Finance and Legal to ensure advance visibility and approvals on complex multi-$M licensing agreements.
• Provide timely resolution of purchase order pricing, quoting or contract discrepancies.
• Foster an environment of continuous improvement. Actively identify workflow issues that impact our ability to properly support our customers.
• Establish a thorough working knowledge of our proprietary licensing system.
• Manage day-to-day interactions with key account stakeholders.
• Familiarize yourself and learn our products, both technically and from a packaging perspective to effectively communicate and provide appropriate licensing analysis and recommendations to the Sales Team.
• You will develop a number of relationships and insights into our customers and will be expected to maintain our CRM (Customer Relationship Management System) with key contacts and other relevant shared information.
• Track sales activities using proprietary CRM.
• Form excellent working relationships with other SideFX departments, including, but not limited to Accounting, Legal, Technical Support and Technical Operations.
• Support the Senior Director of Sales and VP of Sales, Marketing and Customer Support on an ad-hoc basis.
• Other sales-related duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful
• Possess a university level degree where there is clear applicability to this role.
• Minimum of 5 years' licensing experience in the software industry
• Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
• Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional ''client service orientation''.
• Must be able to interact with all levels of management.
• Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings.
• Flexible, ''special-projects'' orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities.
• Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices.
• Ability to meet tight/competing reporting deadlines.
• Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines.
Not required but great to have
• Bachelor's degree in a field relating to business, Computer Science or equivalent experience/education.
• Previous experience with accounting, contracts, or legal/business affairs.
• Knowledge of the film development pipeline and related tools, including an understand of Unity or UE4 and other industry products.
Our transit-friendly head office location, directly adjacent to Union Station in the heart of downtown Toronto, is open-concept with a relaxed style that includes, casual dress, and wraparound views from the 14th floor. Locations other than Toronto will be considered within our company's possibilities.
SideFX is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Accommodation will be provided to candidates with disabilities, upon request.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ok5p-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
For over thirty years, SideFX has been providing artists with procedural 3D animation and visual effects tools designed to produce the highest-quality cinematic results. We are passionate about what our customers do because our roots are in production, both as artists and as pioneering technical innovators.
SideFX has been recognized by the Academy of Motion Pictures, Arts and Science multiple times - including with an Oscar® - for the development of our Houdini software, and its breakthrough procedural-based technology.
Houdini is used by the world's top film, TV, and game studios to create blockbuster movies such as Black Panther, Moana, captivating TV shows like Spider-Man, The Lion King and Godzilla vs. Kong, TV shows like The Crown, Game of Thrones and S.W.A.T., and video games like Ghost Recon, Far Cry and Age of Empires. Our customers include Disney Feature Animation, Pixar, Sony Pictures Imageworks, Weta Digital, Electronic Arts, Microsoft Game Studios, and many more.
What We Value Most:
• Decency: We treat everyone with honesty, kindness and empathy. We give generously of our time and knowledge.
• Relationships: We build collaborative bonds-with our co-workers and clients-based on trust and respect. Our diverse team gives us broader perspectives.
• Dedication: We take pride and ownership in our work, always trying to do our best. We are devoted to the well-being and success of each other and our clients.
• Excellence: We continually improve ourselves, our work and our company, striving towards excellence in all that we do.
Our employees receive:
• Hybrid Work option - A great office in Downtown Toronto (right across from Union Station) with the flexibility for most roles to work from home. You can help us test out our Hybrid Pilot Project
• Generous paid time off, including vacation and floater days to relax and re-energize (starting at 4 weeks)
• Year-End Company Shutdown and Long Weekend Early departures to add to the excitement
• Health insurance coverage (including a Health Service Spending Account for Canadian employees), for you and your dependents
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP); because sometimes we need a bit of extra support
• Retirement Plan with company matched contributions
• Comprehensive Long Service Award program, providing both a monetary reward and additional days off
• A highly competitive bonus structure
• A generous sick time entitlement to care for yourself and your loved ones
Why join SideFX?
• Because you want to be part of a unique experience and winning team that has won an Oscar and an Emmy (Cool, right?)
• Because you want to be part of an industry-leading company that is constantly mindfully growing
• Because you want to work with some of the most talented people in the industry on a ground-breaking product
• Because you want to work with people from all around the world
• Because you want to be part of an exciting and fun industry
• Because you want to join and add to a positive, supportive and respected company culture
• Because you want your job to be GREAT!