Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Paramount, owns and operates the premium service SHOWTIME®, which features critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME is available as a stand-alone streaming service across all major streaming devices and Showtime.com, as well as via cable, DBS, telco and streaming video providers. SNI also operates the premium services THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, as well as on demand versions of all three brands. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®. For more information, go to www.Sho.com.
Showtime's Research department is seeking a highly motivated analytics professional to join the OTT Analytics and Insights Team. The Senior Analyst must be an analytical and strategic thinker with experience working with large and disparate data sources. This position will track, analyze and report on key performance indicators and viewership metrics with the goal of keeping stakeholders informed and influencing corporate strategy.
The focus of this role is to leverage data to derive insights related to SHOWTIME's direct-to-consumer streaming (OTT) service as well as third party distribution partners (Amazon, Hulu, etc.). To uncover these insights, the Senior Analyst must be able to pull, interpret and present data in an efficient and effective manner. The Senior Analyst will serve as an integral member of a small team where collaboration is key. This position will report to the Senior Manager of OTT Analytics and Insights and work with a variety of teams across SHO including but not limited to all areas of Research, Data Science, Product and Business Development, Digital Marketing Analytics, Scheduling, Marketing, and Sales.
The team is currently based in NY and LA working under a hybrid model (partially remote). Fully remote candidates, who do not live in the area, are invited to apply.
• Build, improve, and maintain reports, dashboards, and tracking metrics to monitor subscriber trends to help inform cross-functional collaborators
• Work with partners to understand business objectives, define key performance indicators based on those objectives, and provide relevant data, including analysis and insights
• Handle large amounts of data from various sources with an eye towards fusing similar metrics together
• Use strong analytical skills to compile and process data, tell a story and draw concrete conclusions that drive programming and development decisions
• Provide ad-hoc data analysis under tight deadlines as required
• Coordinate and stay informed of all new programming and product developments that may impact performance
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Research or similar type role
• Must be meticulous and passionate about data accuracy – with proactive problem-solving skills and an eye towards data investigation
• Candidates must have shown experience analyzing, interpreting, and communicating data in a significant way
• Advanced Excel skills and experience manipulating large data sets is required
• Must have experience building PowerPoint decks
• Independent self-starter who adopts a team-oriented and collaborative approach
• Capacity to lead concurrent projects and tasks in a dynamic environment and with ever changing priorities and deadlines
• Television, Streamer, or subscription-related experience preferred but not required
• Familiarity w/ Tableau or similar data visualization tools is a plus
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwx0b-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.