HR Recruiter, Marketing & PR
Los Angeles, CA
People & Community Culture Manager - People Operations and Culture Team
Temporarily Fully Remote
The People and Community Culture Manager is a wiz human resources generalist, and internal community lead ready to roll up their sleeves and take the next step in their career.
Working with a dynamic People Ops Team in a small media production company (50 team members), this person is a key player of People and Culture Team, supporting all human resources and office/community culture functions. In this role, you will collaborate across teams to build out and manage a variety of people initiatives. Including talent acquisition, onboarding, benefits, career development, employment law, HR Systems, performance, rewards, engagement, analytics are just a few of the areas you will help create.
In addition, the manager will lead our 'internal community culture' activities working in tandem with media partners and studio facilities team. This position is the glue that holds everyone together for the benefit of the entire organization. They fill each workday with activities that improve the shared environment and the general morale of their spaces.
This position will interact with managers, teams and HR media partners, studio operations, and other affiliates of all levels to help support various HR and culture processes. This position provides HR support to all teams at Shondaland in our LA and NY offices. The People Manager can work independently with minimal supervision, a positive, passionate, collaborative attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond. This position has direct supervisory responsibilities of the Office PA and Receptionist.
The incumbent must be familiar with most areas of Human Resources and able to effectively juggle a workload in a fluid environment. Self-driven approach to working through tasks is shown through ownership and execution of all assigned duties and responsibilities that support the People Operations and Culture Departments.
This is a temporarily fully remote position. This position is in Los Angeles, CA and reports directly to the Chief People Operations and Culture Officer.
• Collaborate across departments and teams to develop and lead multi-state (CA, NY) People initiatives.
• Demonstrated knowledge and execution of Federal, State and Local employment law practices and policies.
• PHR Certification or SHRM-CP designation a plus.
• Oversee data integrity and reporting for all our people operations systems.
• Research, make recommendations, and create programs that encourage career development and will drive our mission to hire and retain the best talent.
• Play a critical role by effectively establishing and nurturing relationships across the organization as well as measuring and monitoring initiatives to determine effectiveness.
• In conjunction with CPO to build out policies and process as we enter new geographies.
• Provide consistent support to our colleagues, answering employee and manager questions about people initiatives, policies, benefits, and any other people related items.
Your Talents/Our Qualifications
• 3-5 years' experience in a People Operations/HR role required.
• Associate Arts degree or advanced degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business, Org Development, or related field, preferred.
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience in a People Operations/HR role, preferably in a media or entertainment setting, required-PHR Certification or SHRM-CP designation, a plus.
• 1-2 years' experience managing an office culture/environment required.
• Experience building People Operations programs or processes.
• Tremendous communication skills - you can write in a professional, friendly voice and publicly speak in a clear, succinct manner.
• Proactive about finding and presenting solutions even when it involves critical thinking skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
• Impeccable follow through and welcomes a challenge.
• Operations-minded - you love building systems to help things run as efficiently as possible.
• A thoughtful partner who can demonstrate good balance of emotional intelligence with pragmatic judgement.
• Experience in a media or entertainment start up or related field a plus.
• Must have reliable form of transportation required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk92q-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Shondaland is the pioneering storytelling company founded by Shonda Rhimes. Shondaland, under the leadership of Rhimes and producing partner Betsy Beers, is behind award-winning series 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'How to Get Away with Murder,' and 'For The People'.