Sesame Workshop is looking for a Senior Director, Human Resources & Compensation Lead. The Senior Director will work as a strategic Human Resources Business Partner and lead our compensation efforts. The ideal candidate will have had experience implementing innovative HR practices and be excited about working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment. In addition to directing compensation, this role will help to drive talent management, organizational design and performance management, international growth and contribute to HR process improvement. This role reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer, manages a Compensation Manager and partners with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to ensure programs are seamlessly integrated.
The Senior Director will have significant HR generalist experience in sophisticated HR environments with progressive practices. The right candidate will have experience leading or driving compensation programs including expertise working on the integration of international and US programs and contributing to the design of compensation philosophy and programs in a global organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Serves as a strategic business partner to senior leadership across the broad array of HR functions including talent acquisition, organizational design, employee relations, professional development, workforce planning, and other HR disciplines
• Builds and maintains all aspects of salary, annual incentive, and reward programs and leads twice-yearly compensation processes; oversees new program design as needed for the entire organization
• Generates and analyzes data to identify trends and recommend innovative solutions to improve performance, retention, engagement and employee experience
• Supports the Director of Recruitment and HR Business Partners to ensure that our compensation practices are competitive and in line with market trends
• Provides management coaching to build leadership capabilities and to address employee issues; works with people managers and employees to mediate employee relations issues ensuring a balanced and fair perspective
• Assesses the organization's training needs and collaborate with Learning & Development colleagues to meet those needs
• Works closely with the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to drive DEI integration into HR processes
• Manages growth and development of high-potential Compensation Manager
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience / MA or MBA is a plus
• 10+ years progressively responsible HR generalist experience with 3-5+ years hands-on or demonstrated leadership experience in compensation
• HR/SPHR and/or CCP certification preferred
• Excellent Excel and project management skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Accurately develops financials for compensation
• Understanding of employment law and their application to HR policies and procedures
• Current in HR and marketplace trends
• Excels at collaborating with others on a HR team
• Proven ability to understand business strategy and translate into concrete actions
• Demonstrated ability to coach managers and leaders
• Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• International or global HR experience highly desirable
About Sesame Workshop
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches 156 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop's mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, its research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve. For more information, visit us at www.sesameworkshop.org.
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo8oz-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.