Sesame Workshop is looking for a Puppet Production Assistant. The applicant will work on set during production to assist the Workshop team, including the Puppet Coordinator and wrangle staff. Applicants should be motivated, well organized, and able to follow directions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Assisting wranglers and performers on set and on location in production
• Assist in organizing and upkeep of schedules and production documents & interdepartmental correspondence
• Assist in handling and documentation of assets (puppets, props, costumes)
• Interact with other departments as needed
• Runner, including shopping
• Train in the fabrication of props
• Hand sewing proficiency a plus
• Costuming experience a plus
• Learning on the job while assisting with puppet rigging and staging, including costume changes
• Tracking continuity and documentation
• Background in fine arts
• 2- and 3D design is desirable,
• Proficiency with digital and analog tools.
• Good problem-solving skills (theoretical and especially hands-on with objects),
• Able to quickly problem solve
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xmmz-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.