Tech / Data Operator
Moving Picture Company
New York, NY
The Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Post Production Assistant to assist in the day to day operations of the Post department for season 51.
Please note: This is a freelance position for 8 weeks with possible extension. Candidates must be local.
• During production: scan and copy PA scripts, label and track video/audio drives between the main office/studio/outside edit facilities. Assist the Post Coordinator with updating the audio looping chart.
• Delivering to HBO: label paperwork deliverables documentation and organize in online drives.
• Post Expense Reporting: track corporate card and PO form use, collect and maintain receipts.
• Assist in creating Post deliverables: Lower Thirds Spotting List, Episode Rundowns
• QC segments and files prior to delivery to HBOMax and PBS: operate Premiere for content and tech evaluations (check captions, DVI, DCS, etc)
• Manage and Update trackers: log all segment run times, assist in creating scripts and cue sheets from Loop trackers.
• Data Entry into Risetime
• Keep track of Post equipment (traveling to and from the studio, purchased for talent for remote use, etc.)
• Source footage and stock images for shoots and editing purposes.
• Mail and Packages: place orders through B&H and Jason, create postage for express UPS orders.
• Prepare PowerPoint and other visual presentations for meetings.
• Tape library research, finding clips to support editing projects and runs
• Build Calendar templates
• Submit orders to the Tech Ops department
• Maintain Post Team Morale
• 2-3 years of work experience or comparable exercised passion in post-production
• Adobe Premiere is a must
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite software with emphasis on Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience using Google Drive, We Transfer, and other file-sharing programs
• Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Proactive self-starter able to anticipate and voice potential problems.
• Forward-thinking, reliable, and respectful. Able to practice discretion and treat information with confidentiality.
• Must work well within a group
• Working knowledge and understanding of digital technologies, including CSS, XML, and codecs
• Interest in children's media, children's content experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity