Director, Social Media
New York, NY
Sesame Workshop is looking for a Director, Social Media. The Director of Social Media oversees Sesame Workshop's growing array of social media channels, ensuring their ongoing growth and engagement while offering coaching and support to international teams to ensure brand consistency worldwide. The Director is responsible for co-developing and implementing the Workshop's social media strategy and overseeing the day-to-day management of social media operations and community engagement as well as the Community and Engagement Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of Audience Development, the Director will also support international co-productions, own social media teams through periodic meetings, content reviews, development and distribution of shareable content, and the sharing of best practices. They will support the development, distribution, and adoption of global benchmarks, reporting, and analysis, ensuring social strategy is agile, iterative, and compelling to audiences. Additionally, they are expected to develop new and engaging ways to expand the Workshop's social media presence both domestically and globally.
• With the VP, develop and iterate social media strategies on a program and channel level, and oversee implementation across Sesame Workshop's owned social media channels
• Lead content development for all channels
• Oversee day-to-day social media operations including the content calendars, copywriting, scheduling, publishing, and analysis.
• Oversee weekly/monthly social media reports as directed and optimize content across Sesame Workshop's social media platforms based on performance metrics.
• Develop social media plans for all major initiative launches, franchises, partnerships, and key moments.
• Grow Sesame Workshop's social media audiences, reach and engagement across all platforms.
• Manage all social media requests from internal stakeholders to ensure all areas of Sesame Workshop's business are properly promoted across all owned channels.
• Work closely with the Philanthropic Development team to support individual giving campaigns on social media to drive donations and awareness of Sesame Workshop's non-profit status and mission.
• Work with members of Sesame Workshop's taskforce teams to generate new ideas for social media to increase representation and inclusivity on social media.
• Develop social media partner guides to communicate major launches, character birthdays, holidays, and other key moments to all of Sesame Workshop's partners and international social media teams as needed
• Consistently be on the lookout for new and emerging platforms, content ideas, and trends for Sesame Workshop's social media channels.
• Support Sesame Workshop's yearly franchise campaigns on social media. Brainstorm engaging content ideas, sponsorship social media content, and more to bring the campaigns to life on Sesame Workshop's owned social media channels.
• Hold a bi-weekly meeting for internal social media stakeholders to review and approve social media content calendars and social media posts. Communicate upcoming social media launches and major moments for internal awareness and look for ways to create consistency across all of Sesame Workshop's social channels.
• Work with internal SSIC and SS4MF teams to review, edit, and approve social media content on a monthly basis.
• Systematize Sesame Workshop's global social media efforts to ensure consistency of tone, look, and feel, as well as around major initiatives. Work closely with Sesame Workshop's international social media teams to review, edit, and approve social media content.
• Act as a social media resource for Sesame Workshop's international social media teams for content approvals, issues with social media platforms, securing social media platforms, campaigns and more.
• Responsible for the social media asset portal. Ensure all new and existing social media content is uploaded and approve for international social teams to easily use.
• Manage Community and Engagement Manager and additional part-time support staff as directed
• Work with internal Brand Creative team as well as outside freelancers to brainstorm and create new and engaging social media content.
• Oversee all social copy, assets, scheduling, and calendars.
• Oversee weekly/monthly social media report creation, distribution, and analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree in marketing, journalism or communication, or equivalent experience
• Minimum 8 years of experience
• In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and their users (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
• Active and engaged participant in social media
• Superb verbal, written and presentation skills to communicate effectively, and on-brand, with consumers, in-house stakeholders and outside vendors
• Savvy and knowledgeable about current social media trends and innovations
• Solid understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
• Photo/Video editing experience and basic design capabilities for social media a plus
• Familiarity with web and social media analytics (Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Tableau, etc.)
• Highly creative, strategic thinker with ability to develop fresh, executable ideas that support internal initiatives
• Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage/execute multiple ongoing projects
• An independent work ethic and drive and know when to escalate to higher-ups
• Strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Active on social platforms with a deep understanding of the influencer marketing mindset. You can explain how each platform is different from the other. You can easily produce clever, short social copy and relevant hashtags.
• Have a deep understanding of social media communities and are an active participant in them. You have thoughts on the best meme accounts, YouTube channels, tweets, and TikTok challenges, and are always looking out for what will trend next.
• Strive for excellence in everything you do.
• Confident and never shy away from a challenge. You work well with teams and direction but know how to adapt and figure out how to solve problems on your own as well.
• Devoted to upholding the values of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in your work and the content you create. You should be committed to going the extra mile to making sure that work speaking to the experiences of these communities is accurate, well-researched, and peer-reviewed.
• Share community feedback, identify potential issues, manage day-to-day responses across social platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity