Sesame Workshop is looking for a Freelance Department Administrative Assistant for Corporate Events. This is a temporary position slated to last through December 2022.
The temp responsibilities would include aiding the Events department with overall planning and coordinating, in addition to supporting any administrative duties as needed. The overall Corporate Events department is continually organizing regularly scheduled calendar events, walkaround appearances and speaking engagements, while also planning for new initiatives and event requests.
Please note: Hybrid – 2 days in the office, 3 days remote
Support the Corporate Events team with daily tasks, projects, and events including:
• Administrative duties such as answering phones, handling internal correspondence, scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, coordinating travel arrangements/ travel packets, and processing and tracking invoices.
• Assist with creating and monitoring key event and production documents (ROS, production schedule, contacts, talent/ executive briefing packets, trackers, etc.)
• Assist with coordinating details between internal and external contacts.
• Assist with shipments and scheduling messenger deliveries.
• Track expenses for management expense reports and overall budget tracking.
• Research venues, hotels, restaurants, and travel options as needed.
• Provide onsite support for corporate & special events whenever possible.
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Impeccable attention to detail, extremely organized
• Proficient in time management and prioritization skills
• Proactive, self-motivated, assertive, and able to effectively move a project/ task forward without much direct guidance
• Quick to learn new tasks
• Entry-level position - Bachelor's degree
• 1-2 years of experience in event planning, office administration, conference planning or production is helpful.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• MUST be proactive and able to work independently as well as contribute to a strong team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwvy92-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.