Sesame Workshop seeks a Counsel to work in a variety of practice areas unique to a global nonprofit educational media organization: content licensing, digital distribution, philanthropy and social impact, marketing, and live events and appearances.
The Counsel will report to the Deputy General Counsel. The Counsel's responsibilities may include:
• Structuring, drafting and negotiating various agreements in the areas of content licensing, digital distribution, philanthropy and social impact, marketing, and live events and appearances.
• Advising internal clients on a wide range of legal and contractual matters.
• JD degree
• Admission to the Bar (Candidate must be in good standing, and if not admitted in New York, must be willing to register as in-house counsel in New York)
• 4+ years' experience including experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Transactional experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts in relevant practice areas
• Experience advising clients on day-to-day legal and contractual issues
• Experience with ancillary rights for media properties such as content licensing, product licensing, digital distribution, web sites and social media accounts
• Experience with grant agreements, cooperative agreements and collaboration agreements with funders and non-profit partners.
• Experience with transactions and collaborations to support the implementation of international mission-based projects.
• Proficiency in office technology such as Microsoft Office 365, eDocs, SharePoint is a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team environment
• Strong attention to detail, commitment to quality, and passion for results
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and schedule work effectively
• Ability to delegate work and supervise others effectively
ABOUT SESAME WORKSHOP
Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind Sesame Street which reaches over 150 million children across more than 150 countries. The Workshop's mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere grow smarter, stronger, and kinder. Delivered through a variety of platforms, including television programs, digital experiences, books and community engagement, the Workshop's research-based programs are tailored to the needs of the communities and countries they serve.
Sesame Workshop is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw942n-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.