The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Sr. Video Editor – Sports who will produce high quality video projects from concept to post-production and delivery as integral part of the storytelling process for sports promotion and content. Implement working methodologies, take ownership, and help lead large and small video projects, mentor peers, as well as coordinate with the Live production team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Own post-production and workflow around featured promotion.
• Organize and achieve a solid creative and post production assembly process for full seasons and post seasons.
• Develop, edit, assemble, and finish promos, content, and sizzles for final presentation on Scripps networks.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
• Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Working knowledge of national sports leagues and teams media
• Experience managing post production events on season long projects
• Must have ability to deliver high-quality work results and flawlessly execute under deadlines
• Disciplined approach to managing multiple projects but maintain the necessary flexibility to adapt when adjustments are required
• Experience concepting, pitching, and editing content from start to finish, with strong creative and visual storytelling skills
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Proficient in the technical side of editing to maintain a professional final product
• Must be highly organized, proactive, and self-motivated
• Experience editing with Adobe Suite, mixing and finishing both audio and video
• Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team and accept feedback
• Ability to execute editorial judgment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz2be3-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.