KRHD in Bryan, Texas is looking for our next great journalist. Our Multimedia Journalists get to know their community in a way that enriches the lives of viewers and themselves. The Multimedia Journalist will research, write, capture visual content and edit stories for multiple platforms.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Receive assignment or evaluate news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appear on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Give live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Generally, 3+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems
• Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment
• Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment
• Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills
• Proficient at posting content to various websites
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7km2-44-200-101-84-42 in your application.