Come help us break the mold and kick 1995 news to the curb!
NBC 26 is looking for a Multimedia Journalist that can flip the way news is presented on its head. We're looking for someone who can tell social media-style stories for our on-air and digital platforms.
It's time for a local news upgrade!
This is your chance to radically differentiate today's news from the newscasts your parents watch.
WGBA, an E.W. Scripps Company station and the NBC affiliate in Green Bay, WI needs an aggressive and creative Multimedia Journalist to join the team!
We want you to shake things up in Titletown!
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Develop sources and break relevant stories on all platforms.
• Pitch, shoot, write, edit, and track compelling enterprise and real-time stories.
• Confirm accuracy of information before publishing, posting, or broadcasting stories.
• Pitch stories that impact local communities and neighborhoods.
• Become an expert in your assigned neighborhood.
• Produce packaged reports and go live from the scene when necessary.
• Help news producers prepare newscasts by identifying the best video and sound, and showcasing elements.
• Think digital first. Publish and post regular updates as information dictates.
• Act as the point person for the digital landing pages for your community.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of two years of experience preferred.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Curiosity, resourcefulness, and a desire to change the way local news is gathered and presented.
• Deep knowledge of current and emerging social media platforms.
• Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
• Basic videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
• Ability to edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
• Strong broadcast and AP-style writing skills.
• Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmy11v-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.