Bilingual News Producer - Telemundo Station
Scripps Networks is hiring a Media Technician. This individual will be responsible for placing content to air in a newsroom and will work with Production and Technology to implement, organize and store media on the systems and to manage system resources. Also coordinates and monitors incoming and outgoing feeds.
What You'll Do
• Organize media on the system, including setting up recordings and ingesting media from a variety of sources including camera cards, hard drives and web-based sources
• Monitor and coordinate incoming audio and video feeds and be responsible for basic quality checks. These feeds could be manual, automatic or scheduled
• Manage incoming remote sources and port usage in liaison with senior editorial personnel and technical staff. To advise the senior output figures on potential conflicts in the use of remote sources
• Check and enter metadata associated with the media and assist in operating and maintaining the archive system. This data will include rights information relating to possible restrictions on re- uses
• Be a liaison with Scripps Networks over sharing facilities and feeds
• Be the focal point of contact for the newsroom team with respect to the duties outlined
• Provide training on workflows and operation to other team members
• Work closely with the production team to manage the server space through deleting and transferring media to archive. This will be through both manual and rule-based operation.
What You'll Need:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent progressive experience
• 3+ with media asset management systems in a online or broadcast environment
What You'll Bring:
• Experience of media management and/or satellite operations
• Strong understanding of the journalistic/production aims of the output is essential
• A strong interest in new media and new technology, the application of information management skills within these areas
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Able to demonstrate editorial awareness and an understanding of news priorities
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to acquire technical skills and to operate technical equipment is essential. Familiarity with the internet and an awareness of the potential of new technology is also necessary
• A good knowledge and commitment to providing output of technical high quality
• Able to demonstrate editorial awareness and an understanding of programs priorities and objectives
• The ability to work fast, accurately and under pressure to tight deadlines
• Be familiar with different technical systems, including news production systems, and to show a willingness to learn to operate new technology systems and to be able to adapt to different working methods
• Knowledge of news production systems
• Broad knowledge of national & international news & current affairs
• Normal office environment
• 10%+ travel
• Attend industry conferences as company representative, if needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x5e9-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.
The E.W. Scripps Company is a diversified media company focused on creating a better-informed world. As one of the nation’s largest local TV broadcasters, Scripps serves communities with quality, objective local journalism and operates a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.