The E.W. Scripps is a premier media organization headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio with a political office in Washington DC. This office has a great opportunity for a Director of Programmatic Sales responsible for growing and managing the programmatic business on CTV for E.W. Scripps. They accomplish this through programmatic sales and monetization of the Scripps CTV Networks as well as Scripps CTV Local Portfolios. Additionally, they identify 3rd party partnerships across SSP and DSP platforms and develop processes to integrate demand partners programmatically. Lastly, they work with DMP's and data providers to enrich Scripps programmatic workflow, increasing revenue, yield, and overall monetization efficiencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Direct programmatic monetization of Scripps CTV Portfolio.
• Develop vendor partners that support direct marketing initiatives to enhance the company's ability to meet circulation and revenue goals.
• Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams such as Revenue Operations, Ad Operations, Direct Sales, and Marketing to build and implement a strategy.
• Proactively manage bidding and private exchange revenue including identifying and executing on short and long-term inventory needs.
• Work closely with divisional sales leaders and Revenue Operations team to utilize inventory as efficiently as possible.
• Drive revenue via Programmatic Guaranteed, Preferred and PMP Deals.
• Analyze inventory and revenue data each day to optimize revenue across all Scripps CTV assets.
• Ensure that our clients receive the highest level of sales and operational customer service by leveraging a highly consultative approach.
• Monitor yield across the ad tech stack, working in lockstep with our SSPs, DSPs, Exchange Partners & DMPs.
• Effectively communicate with cross-functional groups to ensure that 3rd party relationships are performing well for the business.
• Leverage existing contacts and develop new relationships across the industry.
• Develop strategy to monetize 1st party and third-party audience data at Deal ID and IO campaign levels.
• Work across Linear and Digital sales teams to enable cross-channel ad revenue at agency holding companies.
• Participate and represent the company at leading industry events; be an ambassador for the brand and our media portfolios.
• Direct programmatic monetization of Scripps CTV Portfolio for Political Ad Investment.
• Work with Executive Sales Officers across Scripps digital, linear, and local. Develop processes and strategies for driving revenue across media channels.
• Work directly with SSP in creating and managing all of the activities within the Scripps CTV Seats
• Supervise all data-partnerships with outside vendors for informing and integrating DMPs across Scripps Networks and the Scripps Local.
• Work with VP Sales Scripps Networks in updating strategy for the CTV business on a rolling basis, providing insights as to programmatic marketplace conditions and making recommendations for growing and optimizing the business.
• Work cross-divisionally with both Scripps Local management, as well as EWS Enterprise division.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business or related field.
• 10 – 15 years' experience in online advertising, media buying or other digital media.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• A strong knowledge of the programmatic advertising ad tech stack, including that of SSP, DSP, DMP and Header Bidding technologies. A Deep understanding of programmatic monetization strategies via deal protocols.
• The ability to pivot across solutions and provide best-in-class offerings for our advertisers and holding company partners is required.
• Strong business development experience, and a demonstrated ability to lead, define, develop, implement and execute new innovative product lines, partnerships and revenue strategy.
• Comfortable talking product as well as deal terms.
• Significant experience in online advertising, consumer Internet, and data/targeting technologies.
• Experience with a wide variety of contracts and deal structures, including licensing, co-marketing, revenue share, advertising, and
Mergers & Acquisitions.
• A strategic thinker with the ability to interpret and act upon industry trends to identify new business opportunities, while maintaining a sharp focus on day-to-day execution.
• Proven track record in cross-group collaboration with product, marketing, legal, finance, and operations teams.
• Proven success in a fast-paced, startup environment with a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves approach.
• Experience building and leading a team successfully through rapid revenue growth.
• Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
• Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to team and customers.
• Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficient PC skills in Microsoft Office applications.
WHAT WE'LL OFFER:
• A career path to grow your professional experiences.
• Full benefits; medical, dental and vision.
• Retirement savings plan with company match.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g31e0x-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.