The Account Exec, Local helps local businesses realize growth opportunity by reaching customers through compelling multi-platform advertising solutions. This full array of advertising solutions may include platforms like Over The Top (OTT) video, search strategies (SEO/SEM), social media strategies, digital display and e-mail targeting, as well as broadcast television.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Sell advertising solutions to local and regional businesses and advertising agencies.
• Apply the Scripps Sales Process (SSP) to analyze current and prospective customer needs and apply customized advertising solutions that provide return on their investment.
• In addition to television commercial airtime sales, facilitate the customer's ability to take advantage of the full array of digital marketing options available.
• Independently prospect, secure appointments, perform needs analysis, develop customized solutions, present and close sales to develop and maintain new business from traditional and non-traditional advertisers.
• Use ratings data, qualitative information and market trends to negotiate program ratings and advertising rates with advertising agencies in order to maximize revenue as well as develop custom solutions for new advertisers.
• Serve as a trusted advisor with new and existing clients, provide best-in-class customer service, grow accounts, and gain additional business from referrals.
• Perform client services, including but not limited to media avail negotiations, presentation preparation delivery and execution, copy writing, credit applications and collection of revenue due.
• Effectively and proactively manage a sales funnel by way of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, monitoring and achieving key performance indicators and expected activity levels.
• Contribute to the creative development of campaigns though client communication and needs analysis, storyboard and concept creation, and assistance in production aspects.
• Build and maintain strong client relationships, which may include entertaining prospective and existing clients.
• Perform routine administrative functions of a media salesperson including makegood resolution, continuous update of CRM system with activity, account information and pending revenue, and communication with sales leadership regarding the status of accounts
• Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent years of experience
• Generally 2+ years of proven sales success preferred
• Experience in strategic account management, broadcast ratings and digital execution preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Highly self-motivated and goal focused
• Highly creative and innovative thinker
• Strong influencing, selling and upselling skills
• Effective teamwork and collaboration skills
• Very strong analysis and data interpretation - able to translate needs and research data into sound marketing proposals
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding presentation abilities (in person/virtual, small/large groups, all levels)
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Working knowledge of Google Office (Sheets, Docs, Slides) and virtual conferencing platforms (E.g. Skype, WebEx, Zoom or MS Teams etc.)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7pve8-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.