Scanline VFX, empowered by Netflix , is an award-winning, global leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide. Founded in 1989, we are a team of over 1000 made up of diverse backgrounds and nationalities. Nowadays, Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time and AI-powered filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility.
Join us and help build the pixels of the future!
The Department Manager reports to the Head of Production and manages the day-to-day operations of their assigned department along with department leads and supervisors.
We are currently reviewing applications for future openings.
• Works in tandem with the department leads and supervisors to foster the partnership between the different department and show supervision teams
• Assists Head of Production in planning and executing resource crew schedules, along with evaluating show needs and flagging any resource concerns
• Mentors and collaborates with Departments Coordinators to create clear daily and weekly plans to ensure the work schedule is on track as discussed with leads and supervisors
• Organizes and manages departments meetings, and keeps a good pulse on artists wellbeing
• Maintains a good overview of the department's overall priorities
• Drives and/or assists with artists schedules and tasks
• Identifies and assists department leads and supervisors crew with any project roadblocks and creates detailed plans to ensure effective and efficient schedules
• Ensures clear communication flow and ensures follow-up with various teams and departments regarding goals/ deadlines
• Evaluates artists performance along with department leads and supervisors, and escalates to Head of Production and HR as needed
• Manages training and artists' career growth with the support of department supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Minimum two (2) years of experience as a Department Manager, Artist Manager, Digital Production Manager, and/or in a similar position
• Minimum five (5) years of total experience working on high-end feature films/ episodic TV
• Strong technical understanding of the VFX pipeline across multiple departments, as well as interest and knowledge of VFX software packages
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Shotgun, or other production management software experience is required
At Scanline VFX, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. We are constantly challenging ourselves to break new ground and exceed expectations. We value curiosity and believe that great ideas come from everyone. As an applicant, know that we are committed to ensuring you receive equal treatment when applying for a career with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g66w8q-44-200-82-149-42 in your application.