Crowd Artist (Expression of Interest)
As a Crowd Artist, you will be responsible for creating the motion of crowds in high-end VFX including simulation for planning and previz purposes. Our ideal candidate is a team player, with excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, and is able to effectively communicate with your peers and the Production Leadership team on schedules, deadlines, and shot sequence feedback.
• Create digital crowd behaviors and simulations to achieve the look, movement, and style envisioned
• Collaborate and communicate with your Production leadership team in order to implement efficient and effective ways to integrate crowd pipeline tools and techniques
• Propose creative approaches and solutions for any specific shots
• 2 + years of crowd/motion experience in live-action feature film or TV
• Proficiency in Golaem, Maya, and Python
• Experience with Houdini Crowds, KineFX, and Vellum
• Rigging, animation, and/or lookdev experience
• Experience with mocap retargeting in Maya or MotionBuilder
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Scanline VFX is an award-winning leader in the visual effects industry with 7 studios worldwide, including London, Los Angeles, Montreal, Munich, Seoul, Stuttgart, and Vancouver. Since our beginning in 1989, we strive to set the highest standard of quality in everything we do. Through innovation, we generate solutions for our clients and raise the bar - both within our workplace and throughout our industry.
We look for explorers, people who are willing to go to new places and are open to testing, learning and iterating as they go. We believe great ideas come from everyone, so we actively encourage team members to ask questions and present their ideas.
Eyeline Studios, our virtual production division, is rethinking the future of real-time filmmaking by providing content creators with unmatched flexibility. Learn more.
Powered by Netflix
Netflix's investment in our pipeline, infrastructure, and workforce allows us to continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in visual effects. In addition to working on projects for Netflix, we continue to work with a variety of long-standing and new clients.
Scanline VFX is committed to ensuring fair and equal treatment of your application. When you apply for a role with us, you will receive consideration based solely on your qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r75vvk-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.