Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members' work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.
What You'll Do
The areas of coverage for this position will be split between Atlanta and traveling to regions without local staff presence for set enforcement/outreach. Visit and monitor productions to ensure compliance with SAG-AFTRA contracts and serve as a liaison between the union staff and employers. Assist members with on-set issues related to contracts, safety, and working conditions. Assist with on-set external organizing initiatives to enhance relations with employers. Actively promote SAG-AFTRA and the benefits of membership to non-members on sets.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Monitor and enforce contract terms and working conditions on set.
• Communicate with applicable national and local staff regarding on-set problems and conditions.
• Resolve performer/producer disputes where possible and assist in initiating claims where necessary.
• Monitor contractual safety requirements in performance of stunts and ensure potentially hazardous work adheres to necessary guidelines.
• Monitor work rules for minors, including work hours and tutoring.
• Maintain and file reports as necessary to document on-set experiences.
• Respond to on-set emergency calls and communicate with field services staff on coverage as needed.
• Attend meetings with contracts departments and locals as needed.
• Build relations with employers to promote employment of SAG-AFTRA members and enhance contract compliance.
• Organize non-members through on-set education and distribution of promotional materials.
• Perform other duties assigned.
What You'll Need
We want to make sure you're successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Experience with administration of collective bargaining agreements or conflict resolution.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Maintain good working relations with production counterparts, department and local staff.
• Excellent listening skills.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with performers and production personnel.
• Extensive travel, including weekend and night work, required on a regular basis - flexible schedule mandatory.
• Must have high level of initiative to handle work, which is largely unsupervised.
• Able to work under pressure in a highly visible position.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Able to stand for long periods of time in various weather conditions.
• Ability to work in a very high-paced environment.
• Hold yourself and other accountable for a high level of performance and integrity.
• Have an understanding and awareness of worker rights impacting SAG-AFTRA members.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated interpretative and analytic ability.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week, including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
• Undergraduate degree in Labor Relations, business, film production, or related discipline preferred.
• 3-5 years' applicable industry experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience on sets for film or television production is desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND/OR REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have a current driver license, automobile (in reliable working condition), and current automobile insurance that meets the state minimum requirements. Must be able to register a rental car and travel via airline.
What You'll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb125o-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.