- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Business Representative (San Francisco-Northern California Local)
Who We Are
SAG-AFTRA is the iconic American labor union that represents approximately 160,000 media professionals. SAG-AFTRA employees support our members and thrive on securing the strongest protections by negotiating the best wages, working conditions, health and pension benefits. We preserve and expand members' work opportunities, vigorously enforce our contracts and protect our members against unauthorized use of their work.
What You'll Do
Responsible for administration and enforcement of collective bargaining agreements, including researching, processing and resolving claims on behalf of performers under SAG-AFTRA contracts. Interpret contractual provisions for performers, talent agents, and production personnel. Responsible for handling signatory processes and production monitoring. Participate in outreach and educational events on behalf of the San Francisco – Northern California Local.
(This section provides a general summary of the most significant job duties performed. It does not explain in detail every single duty performed.)
• Investigate, research, conciliate and resolve claims initiated by performers or their representatives.
• Field inquiries and disseminate accurate rulings and interpretations regarding the theatrical and television agreements, commercials and corporate/educational agreements, and related contracts.
• Handle signatory procedures and monitor production paperwork which may include payroll and post-production documentation.
• Conduct set visits for production in the SFNC Local and other areas, as necessary, to enforce agreements and monitor safety on sets.
• Perform a significant role in outreach and educational events and assist with organizing initiatives.
• Perform other duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
What You'll Need
We want to make sure you're successful. To be considered, you must have:
(The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.)
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively articulate complex contract issues and compose original correspondence and reports.
• Ability to communicate persuasively and effectively with performers and production personnel.
• Must have high level of initiative to handle work that is largely unsupervised.
• Proficiency in PC applications and Internet-based systems.
• Ability to work under pressure in a very high-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and coordinate multiple tasks under daily deadlines.
• Demonstrate interpretative and analytic ability, as well as possess comprehensive mathematical knowledge.
• Superlative interpersonal skills: high degree of patience and tact. Must be able to cultivate respectful, strategic and collaborative relationships with people from diverse backgrounds both internally and externally.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined at SAG-AFTRA's sole discretion.
• Must be available and willing to work extended hours per day or per week (and/or overtime for applicable non- exempt positions), including weekends and holidays, as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary to meet its business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as SAG-AFTRA determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Education and/or Experience:
• Undergraduate degree or a combination of five years of education and experience in a labor relations or entertainment environment preferred. A business or Juris Doctor degree a plus, but not required.
• Background in contract interpretation and enforcement a plus.
Certificates, licenses, and/or registrations:
What You'll Get
We are a great place to work because we offer:
• Colleagues that are passionate about what we do and how they contribute to our mission
• Balance between work and home life responsibilities
• Affordable and comprehensive medical and dental plans
• Generous pension plan
• Employee discounts and perks
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5k3o-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.