Entertainment Rigging Specialist
Royal Caribbean Cruises
**Note: This job is to work onboard our ships**
The Stage Staff Rigging Support assists the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s) with the setup, operation and breakdown of the production and entertainment programs, and is also responsible for regular maintenance and inspection of the Foy Flying Equipment and stage rigging systems under the direction of the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s). The Rigging Staff must always display a safety conscious mindset while performing all duties. The aforementioned duties must be performed in addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Technical Stage Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
·Must be able to work safely with various rigging disciplines including, but not limited to, stage automation, automated performer flying rigging systems, manual rigging systems and various performer flying apparatuses.
· Ensures that all rigging-related work is being done safely in accordance with OSHA guidelines.
· Assists Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s) in completing all maintenance work orders in accordance with the scheduled maintenance in AMOS.
· Ensures that all entertainment rigging equipment in all entertainment venues onboard is secured, attached and/or properly stored to prevent damage or equipment loss in cases of rough seas or high degrees of list.
· Must fully understand and enforce all blackout procedures relating to sound and lighting equipment.
· All rigging-related working spaces are clean and organized in a professional working manner.
· Maintains the artistic standards and intentions of the produced entertainment as originally designed and installed.
· During show performances, the STRG will assist the Entertainment Rigging Specialist(s) with the rigging requirements to safely run the produced entertainment.
· The rigging support staff is not permitted to operate any FOY equipment during any show performances, but participates in various show and entertainment related pre-sets and strikes including audio, lighting, staging and scenery. This may also include groups and charter functions and theme night activities; and the cross-training program to ensure that every STRG is able and confident to run any assistant rigging track in any of the onboard entertainment venues.
· Works closely with, and under the supervision of, the Entertainment Rigging Specialist to assist the
Sound, Light and Lounge Technicians:
- with repair and maintenance tasks at times, specifically when it requires hoisting or lowering equipment, or working aloft; and
- to ensure that all entertainment equipment in every venue is installed, operated and maintained safely, and that safety cables are installed on all applicable equipment.
Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Working knowledge of theatrical rigging, maintenance and inspections including hemp or counterweight rigging, automated systems, winch/motorized rigging, ground rigging, high steel, and rock climbing are preferred.
· Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain automated and manual rigging systems.
· Basic programming knowledge of PC/PLC based systems preferred. Working knowledge of Windows NT, Word, and Excel. Familiar with current PC and PLC stage technologies and rigging operations.
· Well versed in various software applications applicable to entertainment technology.
· Ability to analyze and evaluate the need for technical support.
· Keep up-to-date with advancements in the entertainment industry.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz2qm-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship.
In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
Coaching, Development and Rescue Training
PHYSICAL, VISION AND HEARING REQUIREMENTS
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Therefore, the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds is necessary