Full Time Job
Senior Account Executive
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
- Full Time
- Executive (10+ years) Experience
Senior Account Executive (Brand Integration and Content Partnerships)
At Rogers & Cowan PMK we believe that everything we see or do can become entertainment. Something to experience, capture and share. It's where things collide that excites us. It's where they meet up that marketing is at its most successful.
In the olden days, consumers expected to have things presented to them. It was a simple arrangement. Our job – any agency's job – was to make a snazzy commercial and some eye-catching posters. A generalization, but the end goal was for consumers to see them and buy into the brand.
Now though, consumers have changed. Well, we all have. People are much savvier, much more aware. Not content with passive interaction (and who can blame us?). If we see something, we want to be able to learn about it, play with it, view it from more than one place. At Rogers & Cowan PMK we see these interactions as opportunities. A chance to add meaning, to create or enhance a relationship. After all, if you want someone to remember you or like you, it's not enough just to be in the same room as them. You have to be part of the action, strike up a conversation, and offer them something of value.
For us, that's something to hang on to and be proud of. Something worth getting right. It's also something that everyone in our global network lives and breathes. The last 11 years have taught us that for brands both great and small (and we've worked with a lot), entertainment and passion are the best way to reach consumers and turn them into fans.
Why us? Because we've got insight, experience, and creativity. We've turned entertainment into a science – and we have fun doing it. We go beyond ideas and chat – we follow up and act on things. And most of all, we make things happen.
About the position:
Rogers & Cowan PMK seeks a Senior Account Executive, within our Content Partnerships and Brand Integration global team. This position will require a firm knowledge of the entertainment landscape including content, product placement, promotions, and media, but will also specifically require sourcing and executing brand integrations in current scripted and unscripted programming across film, television, and digital content (OTT), in service to the agency's roster of entertainment clients.
The Senior Account Executive will work closely with the Senior Director, client teams, and partner agencies. The ideal candidate will have a strong content background with existing content contacts and brand integration execution experience. We're looking for an individual who is a multi-tasker, a natural project manager and possesses experience with fully integrated entertainment marketing programs. A strong problem solver and is able to work autonomously across complex, layered marketing initiatives. This position requires solid communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and some physical work.
This position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Drive and secure product placement, brand integration, content, and partnership opportunities for clients including cold calling
• Maintain relationships with external partners, vendors, studios, channels, networks, production companies, and individuals across the TV, film, and digital content scripted/unscripted industry
• Present and make recommendations to clients on which content projects they should pursue
• Learn of new placement opportunities and creatively think of new fits
• Negotiate with studio executives and production crew
• Create deck presentations
• Negotiate and execute brand integration deals, entertainment promotions, and partnerships with producers and other above the line contacts
• Support paid TV integrations with ongoing outreach to deliver bonus integrations
• Identify opportunities to enhance programs through marketing assets
• Provide analysis, best practices, recommendations for agency clients' entertainment activities and content projects
• Maintain production information in proprietary database for films, TV and digital content
• Research entertainment content industry trades and resources for upcoming opportunities
• Provide feature film script outreach, breakdown and analysis, suggestions to team and client account leads
• Gift VIP's/influencers/content projects with product
• A minimum of 3+ years of entertainment experience, preferably within an agency or production environment conducting product placement initiatives and outreach
• A passion for entertainment, particularly film, television, and digital content
• Existing and established contacts in the film, TV, and digital (OTT) industries is a MUST
• Proven track record of secured and executed product placement and brand integration
• Deep knowledge of emerging entertainment industry trends
• Proficient in executing shoots through working with productions
• Understanding of the contract process and experience reviewing these types of business documents
• Ability to identify and evaluate new opportunities for the growth of the Clients' businesses and Agency
• Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
• Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated initiative, ability to effectively problem solve and work effectively under pressure including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously that are deadline sensitive while working as both part of a team as well as independently
• Excellent computer skills, master of the Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint) is a MUST
• Ability to learn and master proprietary database for content outreach
• Self-starter: will take initiative with new projects and coordinate logistical tasks with efficiency
• Ability to maintain and strengthen relationships with key partners (e.g. venues, vendors, suppliers, etc.)
• Ability and flexibility on weekend/holiday work and travel as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.