Senior Account Executive, Consumer Brand PR
Rogers & Cowan / PMK
Century City, CA
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Director to join our Technology PR team in Los Angeles. This exciting role will lead multiple premier tech clients, including Western Digital, a leading brand in data storage and infrastructure.
If you are a dynamic, highly strategic media relations and PR professional with strong tech PR background, we're looking for you!
The Fine Print
Reporting into the EVP of Brand Communications, this role will serve as the primary contact for senior clients. You will lead account teams to encourage creative, results-driven PR that drive our client's objectives.
You will develop comms strategies around clients' news and understand how to parse out a complex story for different audiences. You are immersed in trends in technology, which allows you to lead and advise strategy with your clients.
You will be accountable for quality control and review of budgets, planning and strategy decks, recaps, vendor and partner contracts and overall project and team management.
Who you are:
You have a passion for technology and gadgets and thrives working in a fast paced role that requires you to counsel and advise clients on overall earned media strategy, landscape analysis and consumer trends.
You have a solid track record of developing and implementing integrated PR strategies that utilize the full scope of the communications mix, including media relations, influencer outreach (both consumer and B2B), talent relations and events. You have experience working as part of an integrated marketing team, representing the PR POV for campaigns.
As a team leader, you'll have experience mentoring and developing the skill set of the rising stars in your team. You will work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency.
You should be be accustomed to approaching your work with an entrepreneurial mentality. You'll seek out change and adopt critical questioning, innovation, service and continuous evolution.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related fields
• 8+ years of earned media relations experience; large PR agency/client experience strongly preferred
• Tech PR experience is a must
• Proven relationships with tech media, such as CNET, PCWorld, iMore, TechCrunch, Android Central, etc.
• Ability to develop strong earned media strategy and tech product review programs
• Proven track record to drive earned media results
• Proven problem solver with experience in providing strategic counsel and addressing issues
• Excellent writing and editing skills required
• Experience in managing scope of work and budgets
• Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7o7o-34-237-52-11-42 in your application.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.