Rogers & Cowan / PMK
Century City, CA
THE JOB / Manager of Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Communication – Arts & Entertainment
Across Octagon's Sports & Entertainment Network (OSEN) of agencies, we strive to create an environment that celebrates the distinctiveness of each team member, ensuring that everyone feels they are valued and can contribute to what's next.
Through leveraging the unique and fresh perspectives each person brings, we believe this power of inclusion fuels innovative solutions for our clients and provides for a rich and rewarding work environment.
In order to achieve this, we know it's important for our employee population to be composed of a diverse talent mix, reflective of the unique and different perspectives represented in the world we live and work in.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
As our Manager of Inclusive Diversity Outreach & Engagement you will collaborate with various teams across the OSEN network to successfully implement our strategic and tactical initiatives to increase diversity and foster inclusion within our arts & entertainment agencies.
Specifically, your primary client stakeholder group will be our entertainment agency R&C PMK. Your role will focus on supporting their D&I efforts across the management of 5 key pillars that comprise OSEN's top level strategy:
• Partnerships: you will lead the identification and development of external partnerships with the objectives of building pipelines into recruitment and executing overarching strategies to improve diversity & inclusion within our industries (sports, entertainment & PR)
• Recruitment: you will support the respective OSEN Recruiting teams to implement innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practices in support of our commitment to increase access to employment related opportunities and grow the diversity of staff within our family of agencies
• Programming: working with our committee of Inclusive Diversity chairs & co-chairs, you will manage and assist in the execution of the programming calendar across our various ERGS (Women's Leadership Network, Black Employee Network, IPGLBT+, SOMOS Hispanic/Latino Heritage Group, Asian Heritage Group, and Jewish Community Group)
• Communication: you will manage the creation, aggregation and distribution of timely content across various communications channels including but not limited to the D&I microsite, agency social media channels and internal newsletters/emails for OSEN employees
• Measurement: you will support the VP and EVP in measuring and reporting of performance against diversity & inclusion goals for our individual agencies as well as the collective OSEN network
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
The Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network, within the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG), encompasses industry leaders Octagon, Rogers & Cowan/PMK, ITB and Milkmoney. This formidable family of agencies specializes in sports, entertainment and lifestyle marketing, talent representation, and public relations for brands, athletes and celebrities.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree and/or minimum of 4-6 years experience in D&I, PR, entertainment or brand marketing practice/industry
• Knowledge of/ experience with DE&I program initiatives and/or recruitment strategy & best practice a plus
• Proven (active) commitment to Inclusion & Diversity
• Excellent communication and written skills
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs
• Strong relationship building skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with all partners (internal & external)
• Solid experience with social media (LinkedIn, Instagram and newer platforms)
• MS Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.