New York, NY
R&CPMK has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Assistant Account Executive in our Entertainment Division that boasts clients in music and entertainment, sports and brands. The position will assist a team in conceptualizing, organizing and executing buzz-building PR, innovative campaigns, in-person and virtual brand activations, and more.
Looking for a creative and resourceful team player that is current on relevant media, pop culture and trends with the desire to expand their network of media relationships. Must be proactive, a self-starter, able to multi-task several moving parts and prioritize multiple running projects. Must be an excellent writer, have strong attention to detail, and be a phenomenal team player.
Ability to research and write creative pitches and conduct outreach to media in a strategic and professional manner. Successfully places stories in media outlets such as online, long-lead and short-lead print media, broadcast and event calendar listings. Compile publicity reports and event recaps. Highly-organized, able to prioritize, and manage multiple tasks at once and perform within a fast-paced environment. Database and media list maintenance and development. Track, monitor and circulate daily press coverage in a timely manner. Assist in the creation of all press materials including press releases, media alerts, recap and pitch decks.
The Fine Print:
• Maintain and coordinate the busy schedule for the Vice Chairman and her clients
• Monitor press clippings for clients, track media impressions and ad values, and creating/maintaining coverage reports and grids
• Collaborate with the team in selecting promotional clip suggestions and brainstorming pitch angles
• Handle incoming press requests and some pitching of stories to media outlets
• Ongoing maintenance and updating media lists
• Review and edit press materials including press releases and alerts
• Ensure that press kits are current
• Respond and inform client/industry interaction via phone and e-mail
• Cover client events, photo shoots, press junkets, and all publicity related activities
• Staff red carpet events including award shows, premieres, venue openings and galas
• Create and edit client press schedules
• Connect press phone interviews for clients
• Answer the Vice Chairman's' phones and take messages
• Provide administrative support including setting up conference calls, meetings, taking notes, expenses and other tasks as needed
• Manage the Vice Chairman's calendar
• Book travel arrangements and create detailed travel itineraries (air, hotel & ground transportation) for clients and publicists
• A Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications or related field
• 1-2 years of related experience preferred
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, AP style proficient
• Previous experience at a publicity or talent agency
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
• Positive, team-oriented attitude
• Demonstrated strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in delivering quality results and understanding the business impact
• Self-directed, proactive, eager to learn
• Able to professionally interact with clients
• Previous entertainment experience
• Desires a long-term career in entertainment publicity
• Knowledge and interest in music, sports and new media
R&CPMK is the renowned integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment. The agency represents more than 400 of the most prominent and influential players in pop culture and some of the largest brands and Fortune 500 companies. We connect our clients to consumers through the world of entertainment, lifestyle, sports, influence, and popular culture.
We place employee wellbeing as one of our highest priorities, we believe our benefits are an important extension of that philosophy. Unlimited PTO, summer Fridays and our Body, Mind, Soul program are here to support employees on their wellbeing journey. We ensure that we find lots of excuses to come together both virtually and in person through our many company events, hosted by our social committee and employee resource groups.
To support your career development, we have a wealth of internal and external learning opportunities. Tuition reimbursement is also available for those that are interested in continued education.
To help you plan for your future we support you with an employer matched 401k contribution, employee stock purchase plan and family building support including; generous paid family leave, fertility and adoption benefits.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, and London, R&CPMK is part of the Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk95q0-18-206-14-36-42 in your application.
Rogers & Cowan/PMK is the preeminent integrated marketing and communications agency in global entertainment.