Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
At Rocksteady Studios, the technical animation team sits at a crossroad to provide quality and support across content and animation teams. From maintaining and improving pipelines, tools and establishing standards and workflows to problem solving and debugging and providing easy and fun to use animation rigs and great deformation – there is always a variety of need from our team to make sure the teams are running as smoothly as possible.
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Technical Animator/Rigger who is passionate about supporting great teams in creating awesome games. You should be highly motivated in learning and/or developing techniques and pipelines to improve animation, asset and rigging workflows.
• Work with other teams to create and design models, rigs and systems that works with and supports project needs and solve technical problems.
• Enhance visual quality of our assets and deformations while keeping project performance and time constraints in mind.
• Maintain and test animation/rigging tools and pipelines.
• Support for setup, export and testing in-game and cinematic assets.
• Debugging any animation related issues.
• Rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
• Working knowledge in Python in Maya.
• Keen eye for anatomy and form for deformation quality
• Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
• Experience in 3Ds Max/ Motionbuilder .
• Programming knowledge such as C++/Maya API & Plugin Writing
• Interest and knowledge in maths!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11w4e-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.