Principle Technical Animator
London, United Kingdom
At Rocksteady Studios, the technical animation team sits at a crossroad to provide quality and support across content and animation teams. From maintaining and improving pipelines, tools and establishing standards and workflows to problem solving and debugging and providing easy and fun to use animation rigs and great deformation – there is always a variety of need from our team to make sure the teams are running as smoothly as possible.
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Senior Technical Animator/Rigger who is passionate about supporting great teams in creating awesome games.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated in learning and/or developing techniques and pipelines to improve animation, asset and rigging workflows.
• Work with other teams to create and design models, rigs and systems that works with and supports project needs and solve technical problems.
• Enhance visual quality of our assets and deformations while keeping project performance and time constraints in mind.
• Support for setup, export and testing in-game and cinematic assets.
• Debugging any animation related issues.
• Support and mentor more junior members of the department.
• Complex rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
• Experience with advanced puppet/body/facial rigging in Maya and/or Motion Builder.
• Strong working knowledge in Python in Maya and coding standards and practices.
• Keen eye for anatomy and form for deformation quality.
• Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
• Experience working with Jira/Shotgun and their APIs.
• Experience with C++/Maya API + plugin writing.
• Experience in 3Ds Max and PyMax.
• Interest and experience with machine learning.
• Interest and knowledge in maths!