Principle Technical Animator
London, United Kingdom
Technical Animator/Rigger (12 month FTC)
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Technical Animator/Rigger who is passionate about supporting great teams in creating awesome games.
You should be highly motivated in learning and/or developing techniques and pipelines to improve animation, asset and rigging workflows.
• Work with other teams to create and design models, rigs and systems that works with and supports project needs and solve technical problems.
• Enhance visual quality of our assets and deformations while keeping project performance and time constraints in mind.
• Maintain and test animation/rigging tools and pipelines.
• Support for setup, export and testing in-game and cinematic assets.
• Debugging any animation related issues.
• Rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
• Working knowledge in Python in Maya.
• Keen eye for anatomy and form for deformation quality.
• Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
• Experience in 3Ds Max/Motionbuilder.
• Programming knowledge such as C++/Maya API & Plugin Writing
• Interest and knowledge in maths!