Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Your New Role…
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Physics Programmer.
You will be joining the Physics Code Team, where you will be creating and maintaining physics based systems and gameplay, as well as supporting teams across Rocksteady as we ship Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League and everything beyond.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Ownership of a wide variety of physically simulated features such as destruction, vehicles, character and cloth
• Empowering team members from all other disciplines to make optimal use of third-party engines such as Nvidia PhysX as well as internally developed technology
• Delivering features optimally and within schedule to appropriate quality levels
• Proactively anticipating and identifying requirements, and developing solutions for technical and workflow issues
• Research and development into current and next gen technologies to push the limits of game development in current and future projects
• Being a positive, active, and contributing team member, both within the team and across the studio
• Guiding and mentoring more junior physics programmers in the team
Qualifications & Experience…
• An advanced understanding of C++ and real-time physics simulation
• Experience with PhysX and Unreal or similar engines
• Excellent communication skills and a passion for collaboration
• Must be a team player and appreciate the importance of listening to others
• An interest in game design and the concerns of other game development disciplines
• A passion for all kinds of video games!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7b1e-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.