Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for a collaborative and enthusiastic Senior Player Programmer who is ready for the challenge of bringing the Suicide Squad to life in our upcoming multiplayer AAA title on next generation platforms.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• As a member of the Player Team, you will be responsible for delivering a range of gameplay features such as character abilities, melee, traversal mechanics, camera, and controls with significant responsibility over design of these features as well as code architecture.
• You will be working closely with designers, producers, animators, artists, and QA to drive features through all stages of production, taking a collaborative approach.
• You will be responsible for implementing features to a high quality, in a network friendly manner, providing tools, documentation and support including automated tests and low-level debugging.
• You will have a focus on both fast iteration but also maintainable, well-structured high-quality code.
• You will proactively anticipate and identify requirements for technical and workflow issues, maintaining a solution-oriented mindset and can-do attitude.
• You will be a positive, active, and contributing team member, both within the team and across the studio.
Qualifications & Experience…
• An advanced understanding of C++.
• A good understanding of game technology principles.
• Solid understanding of 3D maths.
• Demonstrable video game design skills.
• Experience working on some aspect of player character control, traversal, camera, or animation.
• Excellent communication skills and a passion for collaboration.
• Must be a team player and appreciate the importance of listening to others.
• An enthusiasm for cross team collaboration and the concerns of other game development disciplines.
• A passion for all kinds of video games!
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb39oo-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.