Your New Role…
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Senior Gameplay Programmer who is ready for the challenge of producing a AAA title. This role involves working on core gameplay systems including combat and enemy AI.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• To be responsible for driving and implementing new core gameplay features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish.
• Give constructive and proactive input into the design of new features and the iteration of existing ones.
• To work closely with other team members from all disciplines, communicating technical concepts and requirements in a way that facilitates smooth workflow.
• Be a positive, active, and contributing team member.
• Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process.
• To be proactive and help with problem solving.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Advanced understanding in C/C++.
• An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
• Unreal Engine experience an advantage.
• Experience working on and shipping at least one AAA video game title.
• Strong, demonstrable video game design skills.
• A good understanding of game technology principles.
• Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams.
• Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others.
• An avid enthusiast for games on all platforms.
• Excellent communication skills.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz54n-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.