Senior Player Programmer
London, United Kingdom
Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer who is passionate about creating awesome games and who is ready for the challenge of producing and delivering AAA titles.
This role involves working on core gameplay systems and working closely with design to create the best possible gameplay experiences.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, and once it's safe to return to the office can either be completed from our London HQ, fully remotely or some combination of the two.
• To be responsible for driving and implementing new core gameplay features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish
• Give constructive and proactive input into the design of new features and the iteration of existing ones
• Collaborating closely with other team members from all disciplines; communicating technical concepts and requirements and facilitating smooth workflow
• Be a positive, active, and contributing team member
• Offer advice and suggestions for improving the development process
• To be proactive and help with problem solving both within the team and across the studio
• Experience working on gameplay mechanics
• Advanced understanding in C/C++
• Demonstrable video game design skills
• A good understanding of game technology principles
• Must be a team player and know the importance of listening to others
• A passion for all kinds of video games!
• Excellent communication skills
• UE4 Experience
• Experience with networked gameplay systems
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you'd still be a great fit for the role we'd still love to hear from you!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8p7o-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.