London, United Kingdom
Here at Rocksteady Studios we are looking for a Principal Technical Animator/Rigger who is passionate about supporting great teams in creating awesome games.
You should be highly motivated in learning and/or developing techniques and pipelines to improve animation, asset and rigging workflows.
• Work with other teams to create and design models, rigs and systems that works with and supports project needs and solve technical problems.
• Enhance visual quality of our assets and deformations while keeping project performance and time constraints in mind.
• Develop and integrate workflows and tools that push the quality, efficiency and adaptability of animation and art pipelines.
• Support the team and collaborate with leads to create and maintain documentation for technical animation.
• Support and mentor more junior members of the department.
• Complex rigging/technical animation experience in Games or VFX/Feature Film.
• Strong working knowledge in Python in Maya and coding standards and practices.
• Keen eye for anatomy and form for deformation quality.
• Experience with gameplay technical animation – such as state machines, cloth, physics and ragdoll setups.
• Experience in developing facial rigs.
• Experience working with Jira/Shotgun and their APIs.
• Programming knowledge such as C++/Maya API & Plugin Writing
• Experience in 3Ds Max and PyMax.
• Interest and experience with machine learning.
• Interest and knowledge in maths!