Rocksteady Studios is an award-winning, critically acclaimed video game developer. Founded in 2004, we are home to the widely celebrated Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time. We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values. Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Lead Network Programmer will manage a growing team of network coders and drive through all aspects of an 'AAA' game's requirements in accordance with the Technical Director's lead.
• Oversee, advise, and drive the whole network team to minimise bugs, ensure quality results, and efficient working practices
• Be responsible for overseeing all networked and online components on a game project.
• Advising gameplay and content teams and evangelising good network processes.
• Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance, and mentoring.
• Be the point of contact for all network code work.
• Manage the network programmers, including regular one-on-ones.
• Proven track record as a team lead with experience on at least two successfully-published multi-player titles, participating in the development from concept to the publishing stage.
• Expert understanding in C/C++.
• An advanced understanding of game technology principles and the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
• Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the 'state of the art' and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
• Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
• Unreal experience and advantage
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ejep-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.