Senior Devops Engineer
London, United Kingdom
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of staff. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Lead Network Programmer will manage a growing team of network coders and drive through all aspects of an 'AAA' game's requirements in accordance with the Technical Director's lead.
• Oversee, advise, and drive the whole network team to minimise bugs, ensure quality results, and efficient working practices
• Be responsible for overseeing all networked and online components on a game project.
• Advising gameplay and content teams and evangelising good network processes.
• Be a role-model for the coders by emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance, and mentoring.
• Be the point of contact for all network code work.
• Manage the network programmers, including regular one-on-ones.
• Proven track record as a team lead with experience on at least two successfully-published multi-player titles, participating in the development from concept to the publishing stage.
• Expert understanding in C/C++.
• An advanced understanding of game technology principles and the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them.
• Train coders in the team. Be well aware of the 'state of the art' and assess new trends and emerging techniques.
• Oversee all relevant documentation to the project.
• Unreal experience and advantage