Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
Here at Rocksteady we champion games driven by real, believable characters rooted in a rich history of DC Lore. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and passionate about bringing these characters to life, working along-side industry veterans to help develop the next generation of amazing character artists.
As a Junior Character Artist at Rocksteady you will work on some of the most recognisable characters in Film and Comics on our next Triple A game: Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
We're looking for people who are looking for an opportunity to grow, and who want to make a difference to the face of video games by creating diverse and exciting characters from the world of DC.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position, and once it's safe to return to the office can either be completed from our London HQ, with some work-from-home options.
• Work closely with the Character Lead to ensure the timely completion of amazing Characters
• Create a positive environment around you.
• Develop the skills for yourself and those around you.
• Be proactive and work together with the rest of departments to produce excellent results.
• Create characters that creatively and technically meet the company's visual bar.
• Knowledge of the Character pipeline: highpoly, lowpoly, baking and texturing, materials, presentation and optimisation.
• An artistic eye for character design and presentation.
• Ability to give and receive positive feedback
• Portfolio to proof understanding of realistic human characters and creatures.
• Passion for DC Lore
• Passion for Video Games
• Experience with Unreal Engine
• Knowledge of Hair pipelines
• Knowledge of Marvellous Designer workflows
• Knowledge of procedural programs such as Substance Designer
• Can bring something new to the team
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you'd still be a great fit for the role we'd still love to hear from you!
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7n2e8-3-236-28-137-42 in your application.